Tuesday, 25 March 2014

week 29 - truth be told.

29 weeks? that's one week shy of 30 weeks, which means i'm 71% of the way through this. frankly, i can't wait to be done pregnancy.

first of all let me just say that of course i'm just tickled, thrilled, over-the-moon, overjoyed, brought to tears at the idea of becoming a mother! how lucky and undeserving am i!? every hour of the day this smiley little girl is kicking around and just having the time of her life in her little womb, and before i know it, she'll be having the time of her life OUTSIDE of the WOMB. heaven help me.







baby size: 16 inches long. 3 lbs. is the size of.. a baby. my size: gained 20 lbs & feeling every single one. baby movements: she doesn't stop moving. ever. cravings: this one makes NO sense: coffee and cocktails. coffee has never smelled so delicious and cocktails have never looked so appetizing. but the best part is that i've never tasted either of those things! looking forward to: being done with the nursery and all the little things involved with that. struggling with: the feeling that my body is no longer my own.*

*there are other women out there who feel this way, right? or am i the only one not loving "this beautiful body change"? < the last time you heard that phrase was in your jr. high maturation class > it seems like one day i wake up feeling like a whale, while other days i wake up and see slight reminders of my pre-pregnancy body, and feel slightly normal. but then i'll wake up with a BIG ole' blemish on my chest (hello, that's a first), just to be dealing with it for an entire week. and of course, don't forget the darling custodians in your building who (with good intentions) declare "your belly is getting huge!"                             thanks, man.

and i know i'm only going to get bigger from here on out. how wonderful.

i guess i'm being this honest because i want other pregnant women to know that it's okay to feel this way and I understand. this is probably the hardest thing i've ever done and there are days when i wish other people would hear what i'm saying and instead of responding with "it's okay to gain weight, it's normal, you're supposed to", i would get understanding. not sympathy or pity! just understanding!

so listen ladies. i'm here to listen and love when you have those harder days! and for those of you that are lovin' every moment of your growing belly, keep on lovin'! it really is quite a beautiful miracle:)





2 comments:

  1. Haha oh Amanda, thank you for posting this!! Every time I would comment about how over being pregnant I was, people would always tell me "you will miss it one day"......I have not missed it one second of the last 8 months! Great for those that do, but not this lady! So just know you are not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...I wish I could say that I literally understand. Sadly I cannot, but I empathize with you and feel your pain vicariously through you ha. This will be my post someday and I get you my friend. Hang in there sister--you are a brave one! Love ya

    ReplyDelete

leave me your thoughts! i love to hear them! xx

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS