Sunday, 11 May 2014

grow, baby, grow.

yesterday secret and i were walking home from an errand and this old woman said "congratulations you two! what wonderful parents you'll make"! secret looked at me puzzled and asked "does that happen often?"

"all the time."

but it's nice! it's encouraging! and i think people find it refreshing to see people here in the city having families, since having kids isn't a top priority for lots of couples these days.


it was a fun week for us because we got together some of our last items for arrival of baby secrist! i don't know why i was so excited, but the stroller came! it was so fun putting it together and even more fun to watch secret "test drive" it around the apartment - yes, it does take corners very well:)

^^^ ps. please ignore my crooked pictures on the wall. it's been like that for days now and i just can't reach up to fix it. it's on the "honey-do" list.












don't worry! he knows how to properly carry a carseat, he just isn't showing it here! but i thought it was super cute watching him carry this home (already daddy material)!






and here we are: i asked my doctor this last week when i could be induced ( i know, that's how selfish i am)… she just laughed and said "soon my dear"… (she's a sweetheart)

all the stats are the same as my last bump update! but the good news is, we have our last ultrasound this coming week and they are going to check her weight. i feel very blessed to have a doctor who is 100% on my side, because after expressing my concerns over delivering a 9+ lb baby, she said she wouldn't let that happen! praise!!!! so if the ultrasound determines that she is still on track to be 9+lbs at 40 weeks, my doctor said i could be induced the first week of june (YAY/YIKES!)

although i would love that, i would love even more for everything to just happen naturally. so (again, i know it's selfish), i've been praying that along with being 100% healthy, she will come on her own but before her due date. 


so there we are! in the secrist home, everyone is happy and healthy! we have no complaints and just feel so blessed! thank you for all your love and support! until next time, enjoy our little wiggle worm "just doing her thing"...




*** some of my friends/readers have recently gotten pregnant (woohoo!!) and i thought i'd share my  favorite dresses that have gotten me through this pregnancy. i love them because they are light and can be worn before, during, and after pregnancy! just get your usual pre-pregnancy size and let it grow with your belly! it will not stretch out, which means it will be good as new after your belly is gone:)

BooHoo Jersey Midi - stupid website name, i know. we'll keep it a secret that we shopped at a place called boohoo

ASOS Jersey Maxi - BEST maternity clothes EVER.

Old Navy Sun Dress - their fit & flare line works great with bellies:)





5 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you both!!! You look STUNNING. seriously please let me look this sassy when I am with child :) good luck with these next few weeks and happy mothers day! love ya-Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan!! I would go as far as using the word "stunning", but I appreciate the optimism! I think the odds are in your favor though as you are a lot taller than me and have a dancers body (two MAJOR blessings to have when pregnant)! I do not doubt in the slightest that you'll rock pregnancy! Keep your blog posts coming! So fun! xx

      Delete
  2. You look awesome Amanda. You don't look big at all so don't listen to those people telling you that you are. I loved the video of the baby moving. Reminded me of my own pregnancies. I had very active movers! Can't wait to see what this little one looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sis. Passey! I do love having a "little mover"! I don't know if you felt this way but it worries me when I don't feel her move! In my mind moving all the time means: happy and healthy! Which is all I want! Thanks for reading! xo

      Delete
  3. I can't even wait for June!!!

    ReplyDelete

leave me your thoughts! i love to hear them! xx

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS